Access by the General Public
About Access by the General Public
(The application period has already ended for this academic year.)
The Kindai University Central Library encourages members of the general public to view our library collection and to make use of our facilities to help them pursue their academic and research interests. This initiative is part of our support for lifelong learning, with the aim of contributing to the cultural development of the community.
Who Can Use the Library
- Any person who lives or works in the community and is over 20 years old
- Parents or guardians of students of Kindai University or pupils of affiliated schools
- Any person participating in extension courses organized by Kindai University
Note that undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and staff from other universities who wish to use our library are encouraged to do so by using their libraries' interlibrary loan service.
Types of Membership
- Type A (only for reading materials, no registration fee)
- Type B (reading and borrowing materials): Registration fee required (6,000 yen for a full-year membership, or 3,000 yen for a half-year membership)
Duration of Membership
- Type A: From date of registration until March 31, 2017
- Type B (one year): From date of registration until March 31, 2017
- Type B (half year): 1st semester—From date of registration until September 30, 2016
- The general public cannot use the library during exam periods.
July 19–August 4, 2016, January 20–February 7, 2017
- The application period has already ended for this academic year.
Changing Membership in the Middle of the Year
Type A members who wish to borrow books after October can change their membership to type B. We will notify users of the procedure in late September on the library website and bulletin board.
Notes for Type B (1st semester) Registration
- Type B (1st semester) membership ends on September 30, 2016.
- To renew your membership, please apply for renewal.
- If you fail to do so, your membership will automatically be transferred to a type A membership after October.