A directory of links to sites useful for study and research.
Persons who connect to the Internet from within the Kindai University main campus may also access databases and e-journals.
Please read the Acceptable Use Policy for each site on handling the data accessible via the link.
How to Write Papers, How to Cite References
- Standards for Information of Science and Technology (SIST)
Neighboring Public Libraries
- Osaka Prefectural Library
Book search of public libraries in Osaka Prefecture.
- Osaka Municipal Library
Book search of Osaka Municipal Library.
- Higashiosaka City Library
Book search of Higashiosaka City Library.
- Osaka Yao City Public Library
Book search of Osaka Yao City Public Library.
- Kyoto Prefectural Library
Book search of Kyoto Prefectural Library.
- Hyogo Prefectural Library
Book search of Hyogo Prefectural Library.
- Nara Prefectural Library and Information Center
Book search of Nara Prefectural Library and Information Center.
Book search of libraries in Wakayama Prefecture (via Wakayama University Library website).
- National Diet Library
In addition to various services provided by the National Diet Library, NDL Search enables access to 33 search services, including CiNii Articles, calil.jp, and Aozora Bunko.
Research Navi (online research tools)
Collaborative Reference Database (reference examples, search guides)
- Issue Brief
Users can access various data and methods for consulting reference materials, such as the Issue Brief series (short briefing papers on current national policy issues) and WARP (Web Archiving Project).
- National Diet Library Digital Collections
Users can search and view a variety of digital resources collected and stored by the National Diet Library, including books, periodicals, newspapers, modern Japanese political history materials, official gazettes, historical recordings, and science films. (Absorbed the Modern Digital Library as of June 1, 2016.)
- Library Directory
Links to libraries and related organizations in Japan and overseas (created by the Japan Library Association).
- CiNii Books
Users can search and view books and periodicals held by academic libraries throughout Japan (created by the National Institute of Informatics).
- WWW Servers in Japan, Academic Libraries
Links to academic libraries in Japan (created by the Tokyo Institute of Technology Library).
- List of Japanese Academic and Institutional Repositories
National Institute of Informatics
- Shinsho Map
Created by NPO Association Press
- Research Navi
Created by the National Diet Library
- Internet Archive
Thanks to the work of this non-profit organization, more than 400 billion web pages, as well as movies, music, and other data, have been collected, stored, and made available to the general public (as of February 2016).
- JAIRO (Japanese Institutional Repositories Online)
Created by the National Institute of Informatics
- WARP (Web Archiving Project)
Archived websites from within Japan. Users can check information at any point in time in the past.
- Hinagiku National Diet Library Great East Japan Earthquake Archive
Portal site for digital records and reports related to the Great East Japan Earthquake.
General Works, Library Science, Encyclopedias, Dictionaries
- Collaborative Reference Database
Database of reference examples and resource search guides contributed by participating universities and public libraries throughout Japan. (National Diet Library)
- National Archives of Japan
Users can search cataloged information such as historical public documents in the National Archives, as well as browse and print digital images of government documents and Important Cultural Properties.
- Japan Library Association
Users can access information on libraries such as news resources, statistics, and selected links.
- Weblio Online Dictionary
Users can do look-ups in a total of 350 dictionaries (as of November 2007), including Japanese monolingual dictionaries, English-Japanese/Japanese-English dictionaries, and specialized glossaries in a variety of fields.
Users can search for terms from among 470,000 entries in 50 dictionaries, including ones published by Asahi Shimbun, Asahi Shimbun Publications, Kodansha, and Shogakukan.
- National Institutes for the Humanities
A comprehensive search system (nihuINT) and database of biographical information created by the National Institute of Japanese Literature and the National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics. Users can access research resource sharing systems, biographical names lists, and more.
Newspapers (and News Websites)
- Newspaper Clippings Collection (Kobe University Library)
A database of newspaper clippings prepared by the Research Institute for Economics and Business Administration, Kobe University. Approximately 500,000 articles of value collected during wartime such as those from newspapers published in the Kansai region and newspapers published in former Japanese colonies are archived.
Comprehensive site that brings together news from 52 newspapers in 47 prefectures in Japan, along with domestic and international news from Kyodo News.
- History Database on the Web
Contains about 66,000 data items of historical interest, from the birth of the universe to the present.
- Geospatial Information Library (provided by the Geospatial Information Authority of Japan (GSI))
Survey and mapping data, including GSI maps, 3D GSI maps, historical map collections, can be accessed.
Law, Economics, Management, Statistics, Sociology, Education, Manners and Customs, Folkloristics, Ethnology
(Created by the International Legal and Political Documentation Center, Kyoto University)
Website of the Graduate School of Law and Faculty of Law, Kobe University
- House of Representatives
Minutes, enacted laws, etc.
- House of Councilors
Created by the National Diet Library
- R-LINE Ryukoku Legislative Information and News
Created by Ryukoku University Library
Laws and Regulations
- Japanese Law Data System (via e-Gov)
Users can search and browse the contents of laws in Japan (the constitution, laws, cabinet orders, imperial decrees, ordinances, ministerial orders, regulations).
- Recent Laws and Treaties
Users can browse draft of laws and treaties submitted to the Diet since the 164th session (2005) and laws and treaties promulgated in 2006 and thereafter (created by the Cabinet Legislation Bureau).
- Government Gazette
Japanese government gazettes for the past month can be viewed. (National Printing Bureau)
- Government Gazette Search, Government Publications
Search the contents of Japanese government gazettes since June 1996. (National Printing Bureau)
- Nakano Bunko (Nakano Library)
A comprehensive website on laws and protocols before, during, and after World War II. Details on the politics, decorations conferred, and new nobility in Japan of the time, about which few specialized books and resource materials exist. Also includes laws and judicial precedents, such as imperial rescripts and imperial decrees.
- Index to Japanese Laws and Regulations
A comprehensive index of laws and regulations (created by the National Diet Library).
- Japanese Law Translation Database System
Provides services such as Japanese law search (original Japanese text plus English translation) (created by the Ministry of Justice).
- Courts in Japan
Links to case information, individual court websites, etc.
- Cases & Judgments for Consumer Problems (National Consumer Affairs Center of Japan)
Presents cases about consumer issues and problems related to consumers' lives.
Information to support labor policy research (created by the Japan Institute for Labor Policy and Training).
Official web portal of the Government of Japan.
- Japan Nationwide Municipality Map Search (J-LIS: Japan Agency for Local Authority Information Systems)
Directory of links to official websites of municipalities in Japan.
- Japanese Government Ministry Documents, White Papers etc.
(Official website of the Prime Minister of Japan)
- Public Relations Office, Government of Japan
- RESAS (Regional Economy Society Analysis System)
View maps based on four "big data" sets: maps showing industry, tourism, and population data, as well as maps comparing municipalities.
(Note: Only accessible via the Google Chrome browser)
- Research Institute of Economy, Trade, and Industry
- Macroeconomic Statistics Link Directory
Provides links to key statistics released by the Cabinet Office of Japan.
- iFinance Economic Statistics Link Directory
Directory of links to a variety of economic statistics websites.
- Integrated Center for Corporate Archives, Research Institute for Economics and Business Administration, Kobe University
Corporate information databases, etc.
- Decision Database (Japan Fair Trade Commission)
Full-text searches of trial decisions and recommendations.
- Bank of Japan
Various economic statistics and related materials.
Search and view securities reports of listed companies submitted after June 2001 (created by the Financial Services Agency of Japan).
- Engel—Catalog of Documents/Books & Digital Archive Search System (business report search, etc.)
Library of Economics, University of Tokyo
- Ministry of Finance, Japan
- Statistics Bureau, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
Users can search and browse various statistical results including census data and family income surveys.
- Winet (Women's Information Network)
Portal site for women's information, reporting on the current status of women and women's issues with the aim of improving the status of women and creating a gender-equal society.
- ERIC (Education Resources Information Center)
Approximately 1.3 million documents and bibliographic resources essential to research in pedagogy have been cataloged since 1966, and can be searched and viewed.
Manners and Customs, Folkloristics, Ethnology
- Regional Cultural Asset Portal
Users can search and view images of cultural assets such as traditional performing arts produced throughout Japan (created by the Japan Foundation for Regional Arts Activities).
Natural Sciences, Medicine, Pharmaceutical Sciences
Natural Sciences, Medicine
- J-STAGE (Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic)
Digitizes scholarly journals of academic societies and publishes them electronically. Created by the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST).
Searchable database of reviews, abstracts, and bibliographic information covering global mathematical science literature, provided by AMS (American Mathematical Society).
- PubMed (LinkSource® compatible)
Medical literature database.
- Nikkaji Web by J-GLOBAL
Web-based service for searching the Japan Chemical Substance Dictionary (Nikkaji) database of organic compounds.
By searching on chemical substance name, molecular formula, and CAS registry number, users can access basic information on the substance, its structural formula, and more. Created by the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST).
- Japan Pharmaceutical Information Center
Access to databases in Japan of drug reference information.
Engineering, Environment, Architectonics
- Japan Patent Office
Patent database, etc.
- Japanese Industrial Standards Committee
Search the JIS database.
- EIC Net
Created by Environmental Innovation and Communication Organization
Industry, Commerce, Transportation, Communications
- National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
- Japan Customs
Trade statistics, tariff rates, and more.
- all cinema
Japan's largest movie database.
World's largest film and television database.
- National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics
- Aozora Bunko
Digital library of out-of-copyright books, or works that the authors wish to make freely accessible to the general public.
- National Institute of Japanese Literature
Hosts a database cataloging materials on Japanese literature.
- Zenkoku Kanseki Database
Database of pre-modern Chinese books held by libraries and other institutions throughout Japan (created by the National Kanseki Database Association).
- Museum of Modern Japanese Literature
Users can search periodicals held by museum, as well as search and view photographs such as portraits of literary figures.
- Some of the linked materials or pages are only in Japanese.
- Download Adobe Reader
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files.
Visit the Adobe Systems website for a free download of Adobe Reader.