E-books (electronic books) enable you to search and read publications such as books delivered as digital information via the Internet.
You can check the titles of available e-books for each respective service.
- Kagakusho Shiryokan
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- JapanKnowledge + NR
- Maruzen eBook Library
- SciVerse ScienceDirect
(Handbooks in Economics)
- Wiley Online Library
- Kindai University Academic Resource Repository
E-books such as the Chemical Handbook: Basic/Advanced (5,000 pages), Experimental Chemistry (57,000 pages), and other resources are available on Kagakusho Shiryokan.
Access is via the Kagakusho Shiryokan website. See below for a list of available e-books.
|化学便覧 基礎編 改定5版||Maruzen|
|化学便覧 応用科学編 第5・6版||Maruzen|
Gale Virtual Reference Library
The Gale Virtual Reference Library provides access to 25 different dictionaries and specialized encyclopedias in the form of e-books.
For access, visit the Gale Virtual Reference Library website or click on the e-book you wish to use.
JapanKnowledge+NR is an online database containing a large corpus of news and academic site URLs in addition to e-books.
Access to JapanKnowledge+NR e-books is via the JapanKnowledge+NR website.
See below for a list of available e-books.
|CAMBRIDGE英英辞典||Cambridge University Press|
|COBUILD英英辞典 改訂第4版||Harper Collins|
|Encyclopedia of Japan||Kodansha|
|JK Who's Who||Shogakukan|
|江戸名所図会||Yumani Shobo and Chikuma Shobo|
|週刊エコノミスト||The Mainichi Newspapers|
Maruzen eBook Library
- Log in to browse the title list.
Online access allows you to read books, papers, periodicals (since 1998), and compiled statistics published by the OECD (Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development).
Access is from the SourceOECD web page.
- In addition to the ones listed below, NetLibrary provides access to 3,460 other titles. For details and access, visit the NetLibrary website.
(Handbooks in Economics)
Wiley Online Library
Kindai University Academic Resource Repository
The Kindai University Academic Resource Repository collects and stores the results of academic research (published academic journal articles, theses and dissertations, reports of grants-in-aid for scientific research, lecture and teaching materials, conference presentation materials, etc.) produced through the research and educational activities of the faculty of Kindai University. These resources are made available to the public free of charge via the Internet.
For access, visit the Kindai University Academic Resource Repository website, or click on the e-book you wish to use.
|太宰治 はがき抄||Kanrin Shobo|
Undergraduate students, graduate students, postgraduate researchers, faculty, and staff of Kindai University
- Students of universities other than Kindai University, as well as alumni and members of the general public are not permitted to use this service due to restrictions under the agreement with publishers.
Campuses with E-book Access
E-books can be searched from Internet terminals located on the Higashiosaka, Nara, Osaka-Sayama, Wakayama, Hiroshima, and Fukuoka campuses of Kindai University.
E-books have restrictions on their use under agreements with providers. Using this service means you agree to comply with the restrictions given below.
- Displaying, printing, and downloading are permitted only for academic purposes such as study and research.
- The number of copies printed out is subject to the same restrictions as the published print book. (In principle, only one copy is permitted, but the number may vary depending on the publisher).
- If downloaded data will not be used for individual study and research purposes, the retention period is restricted to temporary storage only.
- Prohibited Actions
The following actions are strictly prohibited. Engaging in these actions may result in cancellation of the agreement and such actions are subject to legal sanctions.
- Excessive downloading, such as downloading an entire e-book at one time.
- Transmitting or distributing downloaded data itself or a copy thereof, as well as any content that enables reconstruction of the original data, to third parties without permission.
- Infringing the rights of copyright holders by copying, translating, selling, etc., printouts or downloaded data from e-books.
For anything else that is not clear, please ask the staff at any of the campus libraries.